What is a domain name?
Well, simply it’s the name of the website.
So for this site the domain is www.hssdesigns.co.uk
Well, it is not just a simple case of picking a domain name and running your website from it.
Here are 6 little tips to find the best domain name for your business:
- First of all find domain name registration companies that you feel are most credible and offer the best service and support. You should always opt for a company that gives the best value and flexibility for it’s price. Such companies include 123-reg and GoDaddy.
- Keep your domain name easy to remember and short as people will find this helpful when looking for your website online.. You will also find this will improve your brand recall value dramatically.
- When choosing the extension, it’s always best to go for .COM since it’s the easiest thing for your users to connect to and remember about your web business. COM is known globally, other extensions might not be. If your domain name is not available with the .COM extension try .co.uk as this is very well recognised within the UK.
- Try to find a good keyword domain. Incorporate your most important keywords into your new domain name. Not only will this make it easier for search engines to find your website but this should also increase the chances of improving your search engine rankings on the search engine result pages.
- Once you find your new domain name for your business be sure to not delay the actual registration process, even if your site is under construction. With all the competition for a good website address, your domain name might be registered by someone else if you postpone the registration process.
- Be sure to register your domain name for a long period. Registering your domain name for, say, 5 years can actually improve your ranking in the search engines (such as Google). You will also find yearly domain renewals will cost you more so it’s definitely recommended to register your domain for 5 years or more.
If you would like assistance in choosing the right domain name for your business please feel welcome to contact us here, or by calling us on 01748 530035.